Great outdoor spaces begin with great design! My name is Julie Hill and this is Southern Wild. I hold a diploma in Landscape Design, I am a lifelong gardener and a former butterfly farmer! Yes, you read that correctly. I owned a farm that I converted from a small ranch to a nature center and butterfly farm. On that farm, I designed and installed all of the gardens, butterfly house, and greenhouses where we hosted hundreds of school children while raising butterflies commercially and sharing our love for the great outdoors. So, naturally, my garden designs center around creating spaces that feel good, look lovely, and are inviting to all creatures great and small!
Landscape & Garden Design
- Landscape & Garden Design: Plans and consulting. Click here for more information.
- Garden Coaching: Down-to-earth guidance and advice for your garden. I will meet with you to teach you how to create your own garden. This may include plant selection, planting, pruning, deadheading, soil building, and general garden maintenance.
- Selection & Acquisition of Plant Material: I will obtain the plants needed for your design. This is beneficial as I hand select the plants and make any necessary adjustments when a particular variety or cultivar is not readily available. Or, if you prefer, I can take you plant shopping. In most cases, the cost of the plants will be below retail, saving you money and time.
- Placement of Plants: I will work with you or the contractor of your choice to place the plants prior to planting. This assures proper placement according to the plan and allows me to make minor adjustments as needed.
- Project Consultation: I will meet with the installers and contractors of your choice on-site to ensure that the design plan is carried out. Usually this entails an initial meeting to review the plan, a visit to the site to check hardscaping progress, on-site plant placement and adjustment, and a final meeting to ensure that the plan was followed.
Container Design and Planting
I will design and plant arrangements in the containers of your choice to enhance your outdoor living space. This is creative bliss!
Along with planning landscapes & gardens, I love teaching folks about gardening and living in an earth friendly manner. Contact me for:
Landscape for Life Training: Interested in learning more about earth friendly gardening practices? Let’s learn together! Landscape for Life is a 5-week educational series designed for the home gardener. Get a group together and let’s make a difference. (click here for more information)