Whether you are starting from scratch or starting all over...
Southern Wild Landscape & Garden Design will work with you to create a plan for your landscaping and gardening needs. Why? Because you need a plan. Whether it is a small area of your property or an overall design, creating a plan that you can implement over time saves you money in the long term, creates a garden space that flows, and repairs (or avoids) potential problems. All of the pieces fit together seamlessly.
Choose an independent designer
Southern Wild is a design-only firm. As an independent designer, Julie Hill is not affiliated with any installation company or nursery. This is an important factor for you to consider for many reasons:
- As an independent designer, I work for you alone...not a plant supplier or landscaping company. Simply put...I have nothing to sell you, so I have no interest in designing a space using materials that could potentially cost you a fortune. My only agenda is to design a garden that specifically suits your needs and desires.
- A full set of design plans will enable you to shop around for the most suitable installation contractor. All contractors will be quoting off the same plans, giving you an apple-to-apple comparison.
- Design plans tell a contractor exactly what the job entails and ensures your satisfaction with the final project. Having a landscaping company install a garden without a plan is very risky. Without a set of plans, the installer is left to interpret your vision. This guessing often produces a disappointing outcome and risks the relationship between you and your installer. Professionally produced design plans carefully consider your desires and lifestyle, materials, and the best plant choices for the space.
- If you are a Do-It-Yourselfer, then a set of plans will enable you to build your new garden with confidence. Design plans allow you to complete a project over time seamlessly with the least amount of out-of-pocket expense.
- As your designer, I can objectively facilitate the installation of your new garden to insure that it is installed exactly as designed.
So where do you start?
Contact Julie Hill via email email@example.com to set up a time to meet at the property. It's that simple. When we meet, we will walk the site and discuss in general terms about your needs and ideas. I will be able to make a few on-the- spot suggestions and explain the design process. Plan on spending one to two hours for this meeting and other than a consultation fee, there is no other obligation. However, if we decide that a design plan is for you then I will be able to quote you a price for the design services. Expect to receive a contract via email, and once I receive the initial payment we'll get started!